16. I’m an adult -- can I still get MY high school diploma?

  • Posted on: 1 August 2012
  • By: admin

YES, we have had students in their 60’s -- they never finished their high school program, and now they want to earn their diplomas. The value of the CREDENTIAL we call a high school diploma is sometimes not realized until we have some “real living” under our belts.

At NARHS, we realize it’s never too late. We make every accommodation possible to recover high school credits from 30 or 40 years ago. If that school system still exists, we can probably recover the records. We also take work experiences and convert them into high school credits. Does it make sense to convert an electrician’s 22-year career into a science credit? We think so.

Personal experiences may convert to high school credits. For example:  It makes sense to convert a retired soccer coach’s 12 years of coaching into one Phys Ed credit.

NARHS is honored to assist veterans from WWII, Korea, and Vietnam whose high school years may have slipped past them. NARHS is able to convert much of their military experience into high school credits. The Class of 2002 included a 76-year-old Navy veteran from World War II.

Yes, even if you’re old enough to be a grandparent, you can still earn that valuable high school diploma.