29. What if I already have high school credits?

  • Posted on: 1 August 2012
  • By: admin

If you have credits from other schools, we can take credit from an official transcript and apply it toward your graduation requirements.  If you have enough credits to graduate, congratulations!  You're almost done!  We do require every student to do at least one NARHS approved and reviewed home school course.  You can choose your own (consult with an advisor for approval), or NARHS can recommend one for you.

If you have existing credits from previous schools, we suggest the following next step: request a transcript evaluation at http://www.narhs.com/node/219.  You will need to request official transcripts from all institutions you would like included in the review.  Include contact information so we can call or email you with the results following an evaluation of your current credits.  If you do not have a copy of your high school transcript, call the high school and ask them for a copy to be sent to you and/or NARHS at TRANSCRIPT EVALUATION 14 S. 6th Ave. Yakima, WA 98902.

If a student has earned all of the NARHS graduation requirements in previous schools, and can document this with official transcripts, the only fee they pay is the Graduation Year tuition of $575.  NARHS does require that one NARHS-reviewed course be completed before a diploma can be issued.  We have courses that we recommend, or the student may choose his or her own.    With all credits earned, the tuition paid, and at least one NARHS-reviewed course completed, the student is entitled to his or her high school diploma.